extending at the edge

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Thu Oct 11 21:00:33 CEST 2012

Lorenzo,

I am sad to write that you are right...

NAPT for IPv6 exists, at least two vendors implement it... Including my employer, I do not like it but I want to get my salary paid OTOH :-) And, BTW, this was based on customers' request :-( As you wrote, people want to redo their IPv4 'bad designs' in IPv6...

Even worse, they also want to renew the IPv6 prefix every now and then as they did for IPv4 causing renumbering.

Now, from my experience, when talking to SP, they are not stupid and their architects understand the future of Internet but it burns your time if we, as a community, have to talk 1:1 to each SP on the planet...

-éric