Come Sunday, all U.S. Federal Govt. agencies must support IPv6 on outward facing Web sites

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Oct 1 15:05:10 CEST 2012

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols wrote:

> Anyone involved with this effort care to comment for publication on how
> it's going, how you're doing it? Whether you're going to make it?

Apart from actually getting IPv6 working (TCP/80 succeeds), have there
been any "failures"?

The swedish unemployment agency enabled their main website but when you
connect to :443 on the IPv6 site, you get a notice that you need to turn
off IPv6 in order to login. So if you have dual stack, you now have less
functionality than if you had just IPv4. I've been trying to get them to
fix this (for example by turning off IPv6) without success, and it's been
like this for 4 months now.

They seem to not understand this, it seems they think they accomplished
the "command" to be IPv6 enabled, even though they're achieving the exact
opposite.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se