IPv6 Firewall on CPEs - Default on or off

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com
Tue Nov 27 16:27:23 CET 2012

> However, our marketing guys have now started to question whether the
> IPv6 firewall function should be on or off by default. I know there
> are as many opinions as people on this list, but I am looking for
> arguments from both camps.

Coming late in the discussion, another data point from an ISP running 6RD
multi-domain for a year and a half now.

The CPEs we provide with 6RD capability all have an IPv6 firewall on by
default.

User expectations and corporate responsibility won over the open-ended
model (it wasn't much of a fight actually).

/JF