IPv6 Firewall on CPEs - Default on or off

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Nov 27 14:55:31 CET 2012

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Tore Anderson wrote:

> I assume you're talking about an IPv4-only access?

Correct.

> How did you solve this problem?

Well, initially we disabled broadcast capability between customers which
meant they couldn't see each other in "my network neighbourhood" (direct
access still worked, but people generally didn't do that), and then
we blocked "windows ports" later. A lot of deployments I know of still
today block whatever ports windows uses in 135-139 and 445 for this
reason.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se