IPv6 Firewall on CPEs - Default on or off

Pierre Emeriaud petrus.lt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 18:05:18 CET 2012

2012/11/26 Tore Anderson <tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com>:

> - Several production deployments of IPv6 so far have not done any
> firewalling, and as far as I've heard, this has not been problematic for
> them. (Please correct me if I'm wrong,) I'm thinking of ISPs such as
> Free, Kabel Deutschland, and Comcast here.

Indeed, I'm using Free (AS12322) at home, and while their homemade CPE
(Freebox v6) has a great admin panel with a lot of options, ipv6
firewalling is not available.

And as Mark Townsley noted (I guess you were talking about Free
right?), it uses 6rd. I've had some success scanning the 6rd prefixes
based on the IPv4 addresses, and low-byte addresses are quite valuable
results.

regards,
pierre.