IPv6 Firewall on CPEs - Default on or off

Mark Townsley mark at townsley.net
Mon Nov 26 13:18:38 CET 2012

As a data point:  The largest residential IPv6 deployment in the world. which uses 6rd as well, has not had a firewall in the CPE by default since day one (late 2007). They have around 3 million subscribers with IPv6 today. So far, no notable attacks that at least I am aware of have been attributed to an IPv6-related vulnerability.

- Mark