OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat Nov 24 20:37:30 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:18:04PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:10:32PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > > The incentive can't achieve traction, since the end users don't
> > > have access to IPv6, even if they knew what it was, which most
> > > could hardly care less about.
> >
> > Which is not exactly true, since even DTAG has started giving out IPv6
>
> Germany is a very small market, and arguably one of the more
> developed IPv6 deployments.

Actually, not so.  We started early, and have lots of small players with
IPv6, but our big players lose big time.  Look at Slovenia, or Romania,
if you want to see what "proper IPv6 deployment!" means.

So seeing DTAG (and some of our cable ISPs) move now *is* news.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279