OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat Nov 24 20:10:32 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 07:50:45PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 07:20:19PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
>
> > The only thing I miss is an incentive to shift more onto IPv6. I think
>
> The incentive can't achieve traction, since the end users don't
> have access to IPv6, even if they knew what it was, which most
> could hardly care less about.

Which is not exactly true, since even DTAG has started giving out IPv6
addresses to their customers (and those don't *need* to care, since it
has been demonstrated to "just work" - DTAG-provided router assigns RA
to the network, all current OSes will autoconf IPv6 and use it).

Of course we all wish they had started 5 years ago, and would implement
their IPv6 rollout in a bit less DTAGesque fashion, but hey, what do
you expect...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279