OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 24 15:34:07 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 02:06:43PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:

>> Surely you're joking?
>
> It could be quite cool. You could go "fishing" for IP addresses in the
> atlantic/pacific. There could be quotas, and you could get "IP wars" -
> ships full of routers ramming each other trying to keep people out.

You don't need to ram anything. The laws of the universe
make sure that no two routers could occupy the same
space.

Address collisions would be literally so.

Same thing applies for randomly generated
addresses.

> They'd probably need to extend BGP though.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways to hunt
the wooly mammoth. Somebody is probably still
working on that.