OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 23 21:38:23 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 09:18:49PM +0100, Jens Weibler wrote:
>> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Hetzner-erwaegt-Preiserhoehung-fuer-IPv4-Adressen-1756209.html
>
> it is only partly off-topic. The important message is: IPv4 addresses
> will get expensive.

I get that. I just object to a 10x price hike overnight. No business
can plan with something like that.

> Searching another provider is the wrong solution. Each and every

No, this means my business model is dead. I have to cut the losses,
and prune down to just one customer: me. This means I no longer have
to deal with a 2 h drive to the colo, and look for something smaller,
but local instead.

> provider will get to this problem.

I have IPv6. It doesn't matter, since less than 1% of my customers
would have access to that. So, the business model is dead.