PXE booting over IPv6

Tóth András diosbejgli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:29:57 CET 2012

Sorry for the flood, but to avoid false information, I checked in my lab
and ipv6 commands are not available with IP Services either, unless using a
Dual SDM Template.

Switch#sh ver | in ^License|^Cisco
Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version
15.0(2)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
License Level: ipservices
License Type: Permanent
Switch#sh sdm pref | in current
 The current template is "desktop default" template.
Switch#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
Switch(config)#int vl 1
Switch(config-if)#ipv6?
% Unrecognized command

As mentioned in the Configuration Guide, it is required to change to Dual
SDM template with the 'sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6' then reload the
switch in order to have ipv6 commands available.

Andras