Yesterday's Windows update causes IPv4 to be default

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Nov 21 12:58:45 CET 2012

On 21/11/2012 01:54, Doug Barton wrote:
> Oh c'mon, that's just silly. The intermittent problems are almost certainly
> not the fault of the content end of the system, they are almost certainly
> on the user end, or somewhere in between.

I don't know about that.  Anecdotally, I've noticed that my ipv6 transport
causes fewer problems than random web sites doing stupid things.  E.g.
www.brocade.com losing ipv6 connectivity for a week last year is one which
comes to mind.

> If everyone applied your
> reasoning above to its rational conclusion, the answer would be simple.
> Don't give anything you care about a quad-A.

It's more than that.  ipv6 monitoring isn't taken as seriously by the LAN
IT administration people who tend to handle the web presence for these
companies.

Nick