Yesterday's Windows update causes IPv4 to be default

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Nov 16 15:04:48 CET 2012

Hi,

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 08:48:39AM +0000, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> Incidentally, both the test URLs are Akamaized. That will
>> localize the connectivity test in an interesting way.
>
> Hopefully they have checked the "[ ] want IPv6" option...
>
> (Yeah, I can see that they have, but just could not resist - still seeing
> too many akamized sites without v6... "optional" is good, but I'd wish
> for "default-on" these days...)

Since they charge $3k when you enable it + add $3k to your monthly bill for having it enabled I doubt that many customers would be happy with that... (the numbers are what I heard from one Akamai customer, they might vary)

Akamai seems to think IPv6 is something you can sell for additional fees... :-(
Sander