Yesterday's Windows update causes IPv4 to be default

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Thu Nov 15 13:00:20 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 09:42:40PM +0000, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> I respect Apple's position on HE much more - at least they did their
> homework and made a smart technical decision instead of implementing a very
> naive algorithm with clear drawbacks like this.

Uh, so what exactly is "smart" about "your client web connects randomly
flip-flop between IPv4 and IPv6 when talking to the very same server"?

(I've recently been bitten by that - due to a mishap on the server,
IPv4 failed 404, while IPv6 worked - got lots of very inconclusive
results from users about this, like "I occasionally get 'access denied'
and when I press reload, it's working again".  Talk about deterministic
behaviour in networks...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279