[ipv6-wg] route6: 2A00::/12

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Nov 1 19:18:44 CET 2012

On 2012-11-01 17:59, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 05:50:28PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>> As they just picked some random address space to use, they should not be
>
> I'm not aware of another /8 which is not publicly routable. The size
> is necessary because the addresses double as cryptographic keys.
>
>> complaining about collisions.
>
> They aren't. As far as I know the /7 can't be repurposed.

There is a simple solution to the matter at hand: define a draft and get
address space.

The folks running it might want to check out:
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4843

There really is no need to hijack address space in IPv6, defining a
reasonable experiment and giving it attention in the IETF will lead to
one receiving proper address space for their purpose.

Greets,
 Jeroen