teredo traffic on 6to4 relay ?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu May 3 13:27:50 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-03 13:22 , Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On May 03, Mark Pace Balzan <MarkPace.Balzan at melitaplc.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently setup a private 6to4 relay (well aware that 6to4 is on the way out...).  it seem to work fine for 6to4 traffic, but am totally stumped as to why im also seeing what looks like teredo traffic also on this box.
> Bittorrent.

While the assumption of BT is generally correct, the source and the dest
is both Teredo, as such it should not go over his box in the first place.

But, as we do not know if he has a default route or anything else on it
it is hard to tell why his box is even forwarding these packets.

I do hope that proper RPF checks are in place...

Greets,
 Jeroen