IPv6 BGP TE (was Couldflare routing problems)

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Jun 21 23:54:25 CEST 2012

On 21/06/2012 22:30, Mick O'Rourke wrote:
> On 21/06/2012 17:23, Chris Welti wrote:
>     Well, the consistent global policy is that prefixes up to the
>     minimum-allocation size
>     of the RIRs are accepted.
>
> Can't say I agree with your statement.

Doesn't matter whether _you_ agree with it or not.  The point is that there
is a nontrivial although unspecified number of service providers who filter
along RIR allocation sizes.  Unless a supernet is advertised with
connectivity back to the each of the smaller subnets, connectivity to those
subnets will be arbitrarily spotty.

But - your network, your rules.  If you want your customers to have woeful
ipv6 connectivity, this is an excellent way of achieving it.

Nick