Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Thu Jun 21 11:55:37 CEST 2012

Am 6/16/12 3:00 PM, schrieb Laurent GUERBY:
> On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 18:28 +0200, Chris Welti wrote:
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> Then you should have applied for /48 portable address space for all your different regions.
>> APNIC has a separate address space for this in 2001:0C00:/23
>> See http://www.apnic.net/publications/research-and-insights/ip-address-trends/minimum-allocations
>> We strictly filter by minimum allocation polices of the RIR and don't make exceptions.
>
> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity do you follow current RIPE PA filtering recommendation?
>
> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-532
> <<
> (...)
> It is suggested that prefix filters allow for prudent subdivision of an
> IPv6 allocation. The operator community will ultimately decide what
> degree of subdivision is supportable, but the majority of ISPs accept
> prefixes up to a length of /48 within PA space.
> (...)

No we don't, because we do not agree with that reasoning.
In those rare occasions where it is required to announce more specifics out of /32 globally because of disjoint networks (and apart from that I see no valid reason at all),
the individual disjoint networks should either get a separate /32 each, or get a /48 PI out of the designated netblocks.

Regards,
Chris
AS559