Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Fri Jun 15 18:53:07 CEST 2012

On Jun 15, Tom Paseka <tom at cloudflare.com> wrote:

> Understand this, but the filtering in tern is going to leave you
> disconnected from very large portions of the internet. CloudFlare is not
> the only provider using routing like this, without an aggregate matching
> the minimum allocation size.
No, the number of networks which are announcing subnets is trivial and
they are not very relevant in the real world.

> Large numbers of content providers (not just CloudFlare) who do not
> operate contiguous networks are doing this so. We are discontiguous, so are
Yes, but they are getting proper /48 from the space where /48 are
allocated from. Just look at the various anycast DNS operators.

> I understand you want to protect your routers memory, however, could you
No, I expect that they want to encourage aggregation. And while your
case may justify announcing /48s, it does not justifying special casing
your company just because you did not get proper PI assignments.
What you are doing is not going to work, at least in the short time.
Go to your registry and request proper /48s for your multiple
disconnected networks, you will get them.

--
ciao,
Marco