Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Jun 15 18:49:53 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 09:42:33AM -0700, Tom Paseka wrote:
> Understand this, but the filtering in tern is going to leave you
> disconnected from very large portions of the internet.

Actually, evidence suggests that it only leaves CloudFlare unreachable from
large portions of the Internet.

> CloudFlare is not the only provider using routing like this, without an
> aggregate matching the minimum allocation size.

It's certainly not done on any significant scale, otherwise we would
have heard more often from such problems here on the list.

> Large numbers of content providers (not just CloudFlare) who do not
> operate contiguous networks are doing this so.

Could you point out some?

Akamai seems to get it right.

> I understand you want to protect your routers memory, however, could you
> install default routes? As I mentioned there are many other parts of the
> IPv6 table that you'll be missing out on, without either accepting the full
> table, or a default.

Again, could you post a list of examples?

Best regards,
Daniel