happy CGN -- beating happy eyeballs and trending toward E2E success

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Wed Jun 13 03:28:24 CEST 2012

> Yes. It becomes an arms race.
>
> That said, any one got any good ideas to balance this out? Besides praying
> that apple cares about the internet or the cgns will scale and work great?

I can't claim credit for the idea, but perhaps instead of playing TTL
tricks CDNs can just load-balance differently.  If the requested query
type is an A RR, and the resolver's source IP is one of those known to
have v6 clients (or not one of those known to have broken v6) send
them to a datacenter that's a bit further away that the v6 datacenter.