enabling IPv6 on Cisco 6500 breaks IPv4 Internet connectivity

Jim Trotz jtrotz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:29:46 CEST 2012

Investigation of this problem has evolved to the point that its clearly
something causing "punting to the CPU" whenever IPV6 routing is enabled +
IPV6 address-family on VRFs are enabled + the uplinks/downlinks are
enabled.  Latest investigation shows it doesn't happen when the links to
BGP/EIGRP neighbors are down - but traffic is flowing on other ports.

Since this isn't a IPV6 problem per-say I will take your advice and take it
to the 6500 group "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net.".

Thanks for all of your comments they have been very helpful. If Cisco or
someone comes up with a fix for this behavior I'll post it here if its IPv6
related.

Thanks,

-Jim