Have we been opted out of IPv6 AAAA resolution?

Tim Chown tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 19:06:41 CEST 2012

On 6 Jun 2012, at 17:51, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 06/06/12 17:45, Matthew Cook wrote:
>

>> Interestingly there are ten IP netblocks listed for AS 786 (Janet in
>> the UK), including our two class Bs 131.231.0.0/16 and
>> 158.125.0.0/16.
>
> A colleague notes that there are very little else in the way of obvious UK netblocks in there (one for Microsoft); I'm wondering whether that's because no-one else in the UK has IPv6, or as Tony suggested, an outage has tainted all our statistics ;o)

We're fine here.  I assume we'd have seen the same outage, unless it only affected you northerners ;)

Except for some reason no Macs or iOS devices are seeing RAs through our Cisco WLC, while Windows and Linux devices are.  Some weirdness to hunt down. Maybe the new "first hop security" in 7.2 is too secure...

Tim