Have we been opted out of IPv6 AAAA resolution?

Matthew Cook M.S.Cook at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 18:45:59 CEST 2012

On 6 Jun 2012, at 17:42, Simon Perreault wrote:

> On 2012-06-06 12:39, Shumon Huque wrote:
>>> http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ipv6/statistics/data/no_aaaa.txt
>>
>> It would be even more helpful to proactively
>> provide diagnostic details of the "brokenness" they are measuring
>> to those that are blacklisted, instead of waiting for folks to
>> contact them.
>
> I'm resisting the urge to write a small Perl script that automatically
> sends email to the technical contact listed in the associated whois
> records...

I bet the technical contacts will be interested to know they made it to the list.

Interestingly there are ten IP netblocks listed for AS 786 (Janet in the UK), including our two class Bs 131.231.0.0/16 and 158.125.0.0/16.

We are wondering why like Phil et al.

Matt
--
Matthew Cook
Head of Network Infrastructure & Telephony,