Extension headers and firewalls

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Sat Jul 21 21:58:38 CEST 2012

Just last week I had posted on a security mailing list that my favorite litmus test question for vendors who supported IPv6 was 'How do you handle extension headers'?   Sadly, there is a lot of work to do here with most vendors.  And I've been asking this for at least 2 years.  Very often it's an issue with performance since the ASIC designs to accommodate a variable packet header sizes isn't so straightforward, or so I'm told :)

- merike