CloudFlare IPv6 BGP announcements - WTF guys?

Sascha Luck lists at c4inet.net
Tue Jul 17 17:41:42 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 09:38:15AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:

>> I've no problem with using PIv6 or indeed separate /32 PAv6 for such
>> purposes either, provided the RIR policies allow for such use. This
>> may well be the best compromise.
>
>Nor do I.

Ok, allow PIv6 for this purpose and keep strict-filtering PAv6 space
should be an acceptable compromise that would at least control the
number of such prefixes as the LIRs would have to document them.

>If you buy all your services from $carrierX and those announcements are
>there for business continuity then great.  You should also announce the
>aggregate someplace, or have them do it.

Last one of those that floated past me was (ipv4) deaggregated /24s out
of a /22 PIv4 assignment. Announced in different geographical areas to
different upstreams.
PI space though, so presumably within bounds.

rgds,
Sascha Luck