World IPv6 Launch, June 6th 2012

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Wed Jan 18 14:47:21 CET 2012

Am 18.01.2012 14:31, schrieb Jared Mauch:

> It does seem to be working for me now.

Me too

Routing is a bit weird, the website CNAMEs to a1448.dscb.akamai.net.
Depending on the akamai.net server I query I get different sets of
nameservers for dscb.akamai.net, a[0-7].dscb.akamai.net and
n[0-7].dscb.akamai.net. The a*-servers consistently send me across the
atlantic, the n*-servers would send me to Frankfurt. Which would be
almost as good as IPv4, but my resolvers consistently choose the
north-american route.

But it's usable, thanks to Akamai for doing the switch!

Bernhard