Small cisco boxes doing IPv6?

Marco Hogewoning mch-v6ops at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 11 10:30:12 CET 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:19:21 PM Marco Hogewoning
> wrote:
>
>> Is there anybody that has this feature set successfully
>> running or tested on the systems mentioned (19xx/29xx)
>> and more important, which version/license do you run.
>
> The new generation of Cisco ISR's all use a so-called
> universal image, which requires a license to unlock specific
> features per your requirements or budget.
>
> This link should help (sorry, we aren't using this type of
> code from Cisco yet):
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10537_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9000768

Yups, that's why I reached out to this list.

It would make sense to start with the newest version, unless somebody thinks we get better mileage on the old 12.x images because of bugs. That would probably mean combining DATA+IPBaseK9+SECK9 (budget permitting), but I would like to have it confirmed

Also the quotes we have now, look like they are still referring to the old license model.

BTW also got some offline replies from Cisco now, so I think we are on our way to sorting things out.

Marco