yum IPv6 repos

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Sun Feb 19 02:44:15 CET 2012

On 19 February 2012 09:41, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
> On 02/18/2012 16:31, Voll, Toivo wrote:
>> I'm not sure if I entirely buy that... The factors you gave (and
>> others) certainly are all true, but at the same time whenever we
>> press vendors for IPv6 support, we get feedback to the tune that
>> nobody else is asking for it
>
> This has been widely debunked by various people comparing notes and
> having the same vendors (often the same salescritters) giving the same
> answer to each of them.

Literally, indeed.

But I've come to think that when a sales person says "nobody's asking
for it", they aren't saying that nobody has requested it, even though
that would be the logical English interpretation of that phrase.
Indeed, as you say, this has been debunked.

Instead, I think they're speaking an entirely different language
which, when more properly translated into English, might be something
closer to "nobody has actually made IPv6 a purchasing requirement on
an order that was worth enough money such that losing that sale meant
I wouldn't get to keep my 3 yachts".  In other words, they're actually
saying that nobody has taken a steel-toed boot and kicked them where
it hurtsーin the walletーover IPv6.

While I have heard the occasional story of withholding payment, and
I'm sure many on this list have such stories, I'm not yet convinced
that these data points have yet amounted to much in the aggregate.