Skype & IPv6

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Thu Feb 9 19:08:03 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09, Dick Vassar wrote:
> On 9 February 2012 15:12, Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Skype, like a small number of other applications, uses IPv4 referrals
>> in its signaling.
>
> From a small office point of view, Skype is the only reason why I
> can't turn our network into IPv6-only using NAT64/DNS64.
> It would be a good idea to make a list of such blocking applications -
> does anyone know if such a "Hall of Shame" already exists?

 Cameron maintains an Android-specific one as part of the TMO deployment:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnVbRg3DotzFdGVwZWlWeG5wXzVMcG5qczZEZloxWGc

 I think he's also the one who started something regarding ipv4 literals,
but I don't think it's gone anywhere yet:
http://groups.google.com/group/ipv4literals

 If anyone is doing a general application one, I'd love to hear about it
so I can contribute.

     Jima