Skype & IPv6

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Feb 8 11:58:55 CET 2012

> MS hate ipv6 you know?

That's not a very productive answer.

I certainly have my disagreements with Microsoft, and FreeBSD is my
normal working platform. However, I think Microsoft deserves credit
for actually doing a lot of things *right* with IPv6. It's very easy
to get a Windows XP/Vista/7 box up and running IPv6, with the caveat
that XP can't do DNS lookups over IPv6.

The fact that they acquired the Skype platform with no IPv6 capability
I assume is more of a business decision than a technical one.

I would *hope* that Microsoft is now looking very hard at how to get
Skype working over IPv6.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no