Anarchy in the UK?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Dec 12 17:54:24 CET 2012

On 12/12/2012 16:47, Sam Wilson wrote:
> They chose IP because the US government gave it away for free, often
> bundled with the OS of your choice.  The same was definitely not true for
> the OSI stack.

There were a lot of reasons, one of which was cost - it's never good to
start off with a billing model, then create a set of services and finally a
set of protocols to run the services on.

Other than that, I can think of no better way to create a living hell for a
certain segment of the population than to force quipu and pp down their
throats.  The horror! the horror!

Nick