Anarchy in the UK?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Dec 12 14:08:06 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 02:00:10PM +0100, Mark Townsley wrote:
> > I fully understand that they want (need) to get rid of customers with
> > "real ISDN" telephone lines.
> >
> > I'm just very unhappy of their attempt to use "you can only get IPv6 on
> > DSL lines with VoIP,
>
> Just guessing, but does this have anything to do with the particular
> type of CPE or backend provisioning (e.g., TR-69 and such) used
> with VoIP customers?

It's a bit hard to get any meaningful statement from DTAG...

Last we heard was at the Heise IPv6 conference in May, where someone from
their research department reported on their friendly user test (about
200 "normal end customer lines", manually provisioned to have IPv6), and
his conclusion was "It all works!  We're not going to productize this,
so you will not be able to turn it on or off on individual lines.  We'll
most likely roll this out region-by-region, turning it on for all lines
in that region over night".

There was nothing whatsoever in the talk about "it only works on special
line types / contracts".

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279