Anarchy in the UK?

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Wed Dec 12 13:16:28 CET 2012

The only positive note (BTW this is irony!) is that now some IPv6 laggard countries in the UK-blamed EURo-zone are not the worst ones anymore ;-)

The leaders are well-known France, Romania, Germany (yes!), Luxembourg, ... and now even Belgium (my country :-)), Italy, Greece and Spain do better than UK on the IPv6 front.

And for once, UK does not follow US :-(

Note: this is 'serious' humour (note the U) and irony. This is simply bad of course, and, it happens when, irony again, market does not work and when the incumbent ISP sets its rule "no need for IPv6, we have a pile of IPv4 addresses, and we do not grow anymore, let's annoy those challengers ISP"

As Alex wrote "it's not good at all", hoping that this will be a wake-up call for UK!

-éric