DCHP, NetworkManager and Random IPv6 addresses

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Dec 3 15:38:53 CET 2012

Just a tad off topic, but...

on a Gentoo Laptop, I have NetworkManager 0.9.4.0 (compiled with dhcpcd)
connecting to wired and wireless networks. I also have random IPv6
generation working (nice!).

Before NetworkManager, the Hooks in dhcpcd used to work just fine but
now dhcpcd is called with the "-c /usr/libexec/nm-dhcp-client.action"
option so hooks are ignored.

My hook was to update the forward DNS with the current IP addresses
(both v4 and v6) and I kinda miss that functionality.

Any suggestions.

ps - I also want to be able to prepend a line or two
into /etc/resolv.conf, seems like that ability has gone away too.
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - (South) Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE