Dear Akamai, you got a /32 there not a bunch of /48s - how to break Facebook and annoy lots of users

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Aug 20 22:42:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> There is no tragedy of the commons here.

Someone once said (and wrote), "call me when we have 1000 prefixes."
Well, now we have 10000 prefixes and half of them are crap. There's no
response when I try to call. I love the smell of crappy prefixes in
the morning... it smells like.. ipv6 deployment!

The moral of this story? There are plenty. You get to pick.