1::1/128 + 2::2/128 - GRH Anomalies Delta (2012-08-17)

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Aug 17 13:13:17 CEST 2012

On 17/08/2012 10:57, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> It's only 2012, lets see what this will look like in say 20 years, it
> will likely be a big mess unless people clean up their acts (or buy much
> much bigger routers and make smaller folks not be able to use BGP in a
> standard way anymore)

Not really.  We're trailing moore's law quite far behind, and the ratios
for total size:required prefixes for the ipv6 dfz look like the same sort
of scale as for ipv4.

Regarding the prefix leaks: le sigh.  Don't people ever learn not to accept
arbitrary crap from customers?  Prefix leaks require stupidity on two
parts, not just one.

Nick