RA in JunOS

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Thu Aug 2 10:10:29 CEST 2012

* Arturo Servin

> Does anybody know if JunOS is capable to deliver DNS information through RA?

I'm pretty sure it is not. The available knobs in JUNOS 12.1R2.9 are:

{primary:node1}[edit protocols router-advertisement interface foo]
tore at vpngw1-osl2# show ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
  current-hop-limit    Current hop limit (0..255)
  default-lifetime     Router lifetime (0..9000 seconds)
  link-mtu             Link MTU
  managed-configuration  Set managed address configuration
  max-advertisement-interval  Maximum advertisement interval (4..1800 seconds)
  min-advertisement-interval  Minimum advertisement interval (3..1350 seconds)
  no-link-mtu          Don't link MTU
  no-managed-configuration  Don't set managed address configuration
  no-other-stateful-configuration  Don't set other stateful configuration
  other-stateful-configuration  Set other stateful configuration
> prefix               Prefix configuration
  reachable-time       Reachable time (0..3600000 milliseconds)
  retransmit-timer     Retransmit timer (0..4294967295 milliseconds)
  virtual-router-only  Send advertisemnets only for vrrp-inet6-group
  |                    Pipe through a command

br,
--
Tore Anderson