Current Consensus on IPv6 Customer Allocation Size

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Aug 2 06:13:48 CEST 2012

On 8/1/2012 9:01 PM, Antonio Querubin wrote:
> The reality is that customers buy multiple off-the-shelf routers

Evidence please.

I think (and no, I don't have hard facts here either, just experience)
that the vast majority of home users have 1 network device, and could
live quite happily with 1 v6 subnet.

The people who buy, and use, multiple routers at the same time are us. :)

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what