Current Consensus on IPv6 Customer Allocation Size

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:41:38 CEST 2012

Hi Tim,

  So far we're doing the following:

- /32 per metro area or region
- break that into /36's for each pop/data-center
- then supply customers with /56's by default
- if they want more or want to multi-home, hand them a /48
- Point to point interfaces within the network = /126's
- customer facing interfaces are /112's or /64's depending on the case or needs

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....