Comcast6.net PMTU broken

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Tue Apr 17 23:57:01 CEST 2012

On Apr 17, 2012, at 5:24 PM, Ryan Rawdon wrote:

> From a host behind a 6in4 tunnel a request to www.comcast6.net hangs.  It looks like a PMTU brokenness issue since the connection is established and the request is sent successfully.

I've gotta follow-up to my original message and say I'm not quite sure what is going on.  Doing more testing I am sporadically having the symptom shown below mixed in with attempts which outright fail to connect (coupled with at least one person on IRC who isn't able to connect to the same address).  I am so far unable to reproduce it from other sites with a 1280 MTU

Foot in mouth - looks like it is not necessarily a PMTU issue.