6to4 disabled by default on W7SP1

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Sep 1 10:20:25 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-01 09:58 , Martin Millnert wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 22:12 +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>> In this case not - it was a virgin installation of W7SP1 Enterprise which I
>> had just downloaded from the Microsoft volume licensing site.  Teredo and
>> ISATAP interfaces appeared after installation, but not 6to4.  Not sure why,
>> but there you go.
>>

> Sounds to me like you should file a bug-report, then. :-)

Nick, as it is Volume Licensing, did you maybe make it part of a Active
Directory domain? As the rules for what are enabled then are changed a
bit afaik per default already, eg disabling tunneling methods as
generally these are not wanted in a corporate environment, and of course
the AD can force these settings upon clients too.

Greets,
 Jeroen