Adding IPv6 to Remote Access VPNs

Martin Millnert martin at millnert.se
Thu Sep 1 09:58:04 CEST 2011

Dyonisius,

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 22:56 +0200, Dyonisius Visser wrote:
> AFAIK it is not possible (yet!) to use IPv6 as transport, but that is
> only a problem in IPv6-only access networks, which at the moment are
> very rare. In any way, my users have not yet found one to connect home
> from.

Expect this to change soon.  IPv6-only networks already exist, today,
and already affect various SP:s who can't deliver and thus by extension
all hw & sw providers.

At some point in the future you'll be well-served and praise yourself
for that list you made when you went almost-dual-stack, listing where
the (real) trouble to IPv6-only lies in your infrastructure, I think.

Regards,
Martin