Switches Juniper

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Oct 20 09:33:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:03:12PM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> > And IGMP snooping enabled on a VLAN breaks some IPv6
> > multicast, e.g. DHCPv6.
>
> Fixed in Junos 11.4 (around end of 2011).

Well, the latest word we have for EX3200, EX4200, EX4500 is: hardware
limitation, workaround is to use firewall filter on VLANs with logging
option to allow switch to flood IPv6 mcast frames.

Another workaround is indirectly scheduled for 12.1 but which is still
not a proper fix (which, according to the info we have, will probably
never come).

But wouldn't be the first time that conflicting information is making
the rounds. Seeing is believing. :)

Best regards,
Daniel