I must have missed something !?!?!? v.strange routes

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Oct 14 10:39:25 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-14 10:29 , Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:43:31AM +0300, Frank Habicht wrote:
>> On 10/14/2011 10:34 AM, Frank Habicht wrote:
>>
>>> Time for better filters my side? [Yes]
>>
>> done.
>> Thanks Gert!
>
> Heh :-)
>
> Actually, I'm really curious where these are coming from.  They showed up
> in GRH a few weeks ago as well, but have disappeared since then...

There was a single peer in AS6648 sending them. The paths all looked
like coming from other ASNs. The prefixes could quite well be IPv4
prefixes translated into IPv6 from the looks of it. "RSV-CCORE1-7606" is
the identifier on the box there, thus could be a Cisco 7606 running
there with whatever flavor of IOS.

In case you want to ask them (from the MOTD on that box):
 ipoperations at bayan.com.ph  at  +63.2.449.8105
      449.3506/449.8106/449.3228/449.8100

Concepts had a IPv6 routing issue some time ago due to some silly
routing engine acting up and after that the multi-hop BGP session did
not re-connect again[0]

Greets,
 Jeroen

[0] which could quite well because of Quaggas not so very stable
handling of a large amount of peers, sometimes it just gets stuck
somewhere it seems; one of the many things on the todo list: write own
BGP daemon that is actually able to scale. Not high on the prio list
though...