RA+DHCPv6+DDNS in DCs

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Tue Nov 15 23:17:03 CET 2011

>  Am I stuck in an old mindset with this? Or, am I missing something
>  crucial?

I'm old too, and my feeling is the same is yours.

But really, there is very little difference in effort required to do the
static configuration.

At the end of the day there may be a good argument for doing all of this
dynamically,
but that argument is NOT that doing it statically is too hard in IPv6.

I suspect that if you an all M$ shop, running
AD takes care of much of this for you and makes it super easy.  And
without AD
you're hosed regardless.

That does not make this the right configuration in a heterogenous
environment.

thanks
danno
--