Anybody running pcap traces?

Fernando Gont fernando at gont.com.ar
Tue May 31 00:30:03 CEST 2011

Hi, Brian,

> I'm looking for some real world IPv6 pcap (a.k.a. bpf) traces for a specific
> purpose, namely testing hash algorithms in connection with
> draft-ietf-6man-flow-3697bis.

Would you share with us what you're trying to measure? (just curious) --
Infer the algorithm used for selecting Flow-IDs (whether random,
incremental, etc.), or something else?

> Basically I want traces that match this pcap capture filter
>   ip6 and tcp and ip6[53:1]=2
> (this selects SYN packets only). The traces must *not* be
> anonymized, since the algorithms I'm testing need genuine addresses.
> Obviously, traces will be treated with complete confidentiality, and
> in any case I prefer traces without payloads to make the files shorter.

David Malone has been performing measurements of this sort. -- You
should drop him an e-mail.. he might be willing to help.

P.S.: He published a paper with the data I think you're looking for --
although his apper is a bit dated.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont