Radius IPv6 in ASA?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon May 30 10:47:14 CEST 2011

On 29/05/2011 20:19, Dyonisius Visser wrote:
> Does anyone around here knows if/when Cisco ASA will support Radius over IPv6?
> This is currently the only reason why our Radius box is still dual stack....

The canonical answer is: "ask your account manager".

I wouldn't really expect this soon.  The ASA is pitched as an enterprise
box and service provider features tend to lag behind by several years.  So,
adding content filtering, support for skinny version 3046 and re-writing
the NAT engine is given much higher priority than doing stuff like
implementing ospfv3, bgp, usable multiple contexts or supporting prefix
lists in route-maps (available in IOS since, what, the 1990s?)

Nick