Lack of IPv6 traffic stats makes judging progress difficult

Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols sjvn at vna1.com
Tue May 24 22:56:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 18:28 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Saves time, and avoids media breaks (many people are text-based).
> Also, web content tends to be ephemeral. Here today, and gone
> tomorrow.

It's also means that the site won't get as many hits. That, in turn,
means that they'll be less likely to have staff or freelanes  cover this
stuff, and eventually they'll stop publishing and you'll be left with
official announcements and personal blogs for technology coverage. It's
a slippery slope and we're already sliding down it fast. Please don't
add grease to it.

NetWork World, for example, is already down to 25% of the staff it had
ten years ago.

Steven (Who writes for NetWork World from time to time)

--
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
Editor-in-Chief, Practical Technology: http://www.practical-tech.com