A challenge (was Re: Default security functions on an IPv6 CPE)

Mark Smith msmith at internode.com.au
Thu May 19 09:40:20 CEST 2011

On 19/05/2011 4:54 PM, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:
> And providing CPE that's totally unsecured lessens business risk?

I'm pretty sure this is not about whether or not the CPE is protecting
itself, it is whether or not it passes traffic from the Internet towards
the end-nodes behind it or not in an unrestricted manner. I'd interpret
"totally" unsecured to mean that the CPE doesn't protect itself either.
The CPE should protect itself - the CPE in this sense is a host, and is
performing host based firewalling.

Regards,
Mark.